Saturday, April 11, 2009

working hard

Cans 4 Corey raised over $1600 again this year. I didn't think that we would hit that mark but I'm so happy that we did! Hooray for us and for all of our wonderful volunteers and everyone that donated, esp. FARMINGTON!! They brought a dump truck, that's right a dump truck filled with 5c returns. Very long and busy day, one potty break, 2 diaper changes, some fishy crackers and a few juice boxes. Yah! Corey spent some time with a family friend at the park with her niece and big bro, so it was more play than work for him of course. But I'm glad that some cdsc families came out to see what we were doing.
Our next adventure will be the motorcycle ride, how much can we raise? Hopefully more awareness than anything. That's so important to me and I'm sure to so many other families out there with children with special needs. Just know that our children can do great things in the world and they will work hard doing it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment