Thursday, April 2, 2009

a burden

Last week I was on fb and saw that a mom that I know who happens to belong to the CDSC had written about a situation that had angered her. Another mom helper at her son's school commented on her son being a burden for his one on one while she had been in the same room helping out. Being so upset and angry she left the room in tears.
Is this what people think of my son? How do I know that this same thing isn't happening in his classroom? Is he a burden? And to who is he a burden to?
See for moms like me we don't have the luxury of asking our children about their day and having them tell us. We have thoughts of how their day could have gone or get a feel for it by looking at their work that was sent home, but we have no way of really knowing.
When I look into his eyes, a burden is not what I see. I see a strong willed young boy that will have to work a bit harder than his peers. He walks, runs, laughs, is silly and makes others smile when they meet him. He is a child and he is my child. One day he will be able to tell me how his day went, just not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment