Monday, March 23, 2009

Our CoCo Key adventure

Sunday was our CoCo Key fundraiser for the boys school. The PTA is helping to raise $ for a new playground and it hasn't been easy. This fundraiser I took over from a mom who had started it and figured that it would go ok, but I just didn't feel that we were going to sell enough tickets and I was right.
First off let me say, just to speak to the person in charge of events at this place was practically impossible never mind trying to get someone to return your phone call. We went there on fri. to give our deposit and first impression was "WOW" this place looks awesome. Of course the man that I had spoken to on the phone and once through email was not there. So the a nice woman at the front desk called for someone else to help, by the way she and the man that came down to take my deposit were the nicest out of everyone that I came in contact with at this lovely place.
Getting there we were all excited, Dylan woke up and yelled out "Water Park", that was the last time. Dylan who's the oldest was the only one going this time, but his cousins and uncle were coming with us. I didn't think that Corey or Brooke would be able to handle it. We arrived there where we met up with my friend Mary Jo, waited in line and got our wristbands. I was not impressed with any of their front desk staff, not friendly and not helpful at all. My husband says that I'm just very picky but I feel that there is a certain standard of customer service that needs to be in place wherever you are and they seriously failed. Family's started coming in and Dylan went ahead in with his cousins and his uncle. A few minutes later he came back to the lobby wet, shivering and upset. Inside their is a big bucket of water that fills up and then dumps out and it tipped over when the kids were under it, he is not a fan of having water splashed on his face, needless to say he did not go back into that water for the rest of the day. We left there 3 hrs. later and he says that he is not going back.
After a few hrs. at the water park it was nice to come home to Corey yelling "Maaaaa" in that scratchy, horse voice of his and little sister smiling at me. They enjoy grammie & poppie but I think they both missed their mom and big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment