Wednesday, March 25, 2009

she got me

It was a sunny, windy day that I just couldn't get the chill out. The back door needed to be opened a bit since the kids wanted to play on the deck, but would always end up closed since Corey just likes to push it. I had to put a stick in the top of the slider last year so he would stop closing it, I'm guessing he doesn't remember. Guess that stick will have to be put back.
He went off to school this morning with a pb&j that dad made. School was extended an extra half hour so they were going to eat their lunch today and not just a snack. Dylan had no school and did some errands with dad while Brookie and I stayed home to pick up, have lunch and just sit back alittle. With that extra time at school I had a feeling that he would be whiped and be ready for bed. Sister decided to fall asleep earlier in the day so he was the only one going down and knew it. Not happy, it took a couple of trys, but he was beat and finally gave in.
While I separated cans for the can drive I could hear him breathing in the monitor and his siblings running around the house outside in the sunshine.
At dinner he was trying to tell us something but we just couldn't get it. We were all guessing and we think he wanted his milk since he had got mad and threw it down when dad picked it up telling him no more and putting on the counter. He could see it but never fussed for it so he had us stumped. As I walked over to it, I could hear a sigh of relief from him, as if to say finally she got me. What a day and tomorrow he's home. What will we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment