Friday, March 27, 2009

the runner

So the other day, saturday actually, we were all outside enjoy the beautiful weather. Kids running around laughing pushing toys and mom separating bottles when all of a sudden the neighbor yells something across the yards. Not hearing her, I quickly snapped back to her as she repeated herself I realized what she had said. "Are you missing a little boy", as I started running up the driveway I realized that yes in fact Corey was not in the yard. Now he likes to run around the house pushing his shopping cart and trys to run up the driveway, giggling as he watches me chase him. He wasn't laughing this time, he was scared. Wondering what was going through his mind, I grabbed him from the stranger that was holding him and walked sadly back down the driveway. Knowing what could've happened I started to cry. If only I hadn't looked away, or been so trusting of him, what kind of mom am I, these were rolling around in my head.
He is quick yet they call him "slow". He will surprise us all with his accomplishments, but I can't stop thinking of that day and the what if. Then again today while playing with brother and sis he started pushing that cart and up the driveway went the little runner. This time he was caught. Someone's watching me in the heaven's, thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment